In this policy:
“we” or “Fibercity” means Fibercity Limited or any related to Fibercity Limited providing you with our services;
“you” means you, the person using our services, visiting our websites or otherwise providing Fibercity with information including personal information;
“services” means all goods or services we provide to you, including providing you with access to our websites.
We collect information relating to you that you have provided to us when you:
- use our website, microsites, and any third party websites or applications including when you use our broadband checker or any other tools available on these sites;
- contact us, including via social media, email or telephone;
- use the speed test tool; and
- signed up for a broadband service and other products.
The information we collect may include:
- your name, address (postal and email), location and telephone number(s);
- the date and time you use our websites and the URLs of the pages you visit;
- any address data you search for on our broadband checker or any other data you provide when using one of the tools available on our websites;
- the IP address of your device the domain name from which you are accessing the Internet; and (where our ONT is also providing in-home connectivity) technical information about the device and other connected devices, and their settings and performance, the operating system and browser your device uses, and any search engine you are using etc.
We may also monitor and record your correspondence with us whether via social media, email or telephone.
We use information relating to you which we have collected to:
- provide you with services;
- enable your broadband provider to provide you with services;
- provide you, or enable third parties to provide you, with information about our services (including promotional material and news) and developments in the industry which may we think are relevant to you;
- improve or update our websites and our information and services;
- communicate with you by post, telephone, text message, email or any other electronic means of communication; and
- personalize our websites to your preferences.
We may publish aggregated information about usage patterns in relation to our websites or tools available on our websites (like the broadband checker) or data provided when those tools are used.
There may be times when we need to disclose your personal information to third parties. We will only use or disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993;
- if you have authorised us to do so;
- if we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our customers, or others; or
- if we are required or permitted by law to disclose such information.
We will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to third parties.
You authorise us, for the purpose of helping us provide services to you, to disclose your information to:
- any person or organisation as authorised by the Privacy Act 1993;
- our suppliers, consultants, service companies and other contractors who provide us with products or services which support the services we provide; and
- anyone who hosts or maintains data centres, service platforms, cloud based solutions and other infrastructure and systems on behalf of us, where your information is processed, hosted or stored.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up to date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
You can access or request correction or amendment of your personal information by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. When making a request, please provide your name, address and details of what information you would like a copy of or which you would like to have corrected or amended, as this helps us process your request more efficiently.
We will not be able to provide your personal information if we do not know or don’t have reasonable grounds to believe it is personal information about you.
In some cases, there may be a charge associated with providing copies of your personal information to you but we’ll let you know if that is the case before we send you the requested information.
If it is reasonable in the circumstances for us to make the correction or amendment requested, we will do so. If this is not the case, we’ll take reasonable steps to mark that information as having been subject to an amendment or correction request.
We make every effort to maintain the security of our websites. Security risks may still occur as a result of factors outside of our control. Although we’ll use our best efforts to keep your information secure at all times, any personal information you transmit to us over the internet (whether by email or otherwise) will be at your own risk.
If we are concerned about security issues, we may gather more extensive information from you or others accessing our websites. Fibercity and authorised third parties can monitor, review and audit access to our websites and systems. If we think it is necessary, we can disclose information to relevant law enforcement authorities, such as the Police or the Department of Internal Affairs.
Fibercity’s websites place a cookie on the hard drive of your device or your browser. A “cookie” is a file which allows Fibercity to track and target your likes, dislikes and interests as you use our websites. We can use this information to provide a more tailored service and experience for you on subsequent visits to our websites and to better understand consumers’ interests and needs.
We also use third party cookies from third parties such as Google Analytics and Salesforce for Display Advertisers which help us:
- customise our advertising with insights into who has viewed our paid digital advertising on other websites (Google Display Network Impression Reporting);
- show you adverts and offers from us which are most relevant to you while you are using other websites (including from third parties such as DoubleClick Platform integrations, Salesforce Audience, Studio and Remarketing with Google Analytics); and
- better understand browsing behaviour in order to create a better experience for you when you visit our website by using website visitor information categorised by age, gender and interests on an anonymous and aggregate basis (including using third party products such as Google Analytics Demographics, Salesforce Audience Studio and Interest Reporting).
The information we collect and share with third parties through cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous (it does not include personal information which is likely to identify you). The information may be used to show you ads about our services when you visit both our website and third party’s websites.
While we recommend you enable cookies on your browser in order to enjoy all the features of our websites, the decision whether to do so remains in your hands.
Third party websites
Our websites may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the content of these websites, or the manner in which those websites collect, store, use, and distribute any personal information you provide. When you visit third party websites from hyperlinks displayed on our websites, you should review the privacy statements of those websites so that you can understand how the personal information you provide to those third parties may be collected, stored, used and disclosed.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is appropriately deleted or destroyed once it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected, please contact us at email@example.com, or 080082880, or 1/6 Westgate Drive, Massey Auckland NZ 0618.\\\